Tuesday, February 14, 2012

IAMM Field Trip


1. The initial statement of IAMM (mission) is to spread the knowledge of entire Islamic world instead of concentrating on Iran and the Middle East. 

2. The audience of IAMM will learn that different nation have their different artefacts. Audience would able know what is the unique for their own artefacts and the evolution of it as well such like the teapot and dish of china.

3. The mood or emotion is quite comfortable and clean. But the light can be brightening a bit to make visitors look clearly those copywriting and artefacts. Make me quite sleepy when the survey is doing still half way because the light is quite soft.


4. Actually I quite curious about why Chinese Dynasty will link with Muslim. How they can combine 2 different designs into the artifacts with 2 different culture backgrounds. I was wonder how they can communicate with each other with 2 different background and language.  

Coin Tree (Pitis)

Seals
5. The coin and the seal are quite interesting for me. Through this trip I just know that the 1st coin that has in M’sia is Kelantan. And I also curious about why the seal must do like a ring, is it convenient to the king when doing deals every time. It break my mind also because I was thought that ancient people not able to do such complex thing but they did. I wish I can try to wear it to see how heavy it is.

6. - Why every ceramic of china has Arabic Calligraphy on it?
    - How China influence to Islamic Art?
    - How Chinese calligraphy can match with Arabic calligraphy and what they represent for in scroll?
    - How Arabic calligraphy in Chinese style be form?

dish from china

arabic language in chinese style_1

arabic calligraphy in chinese style_2

No comments:

Post a Comment